§ 8–241.01. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Director” means the Director of the District Department of the Environment.
(2) “Dwelling unit” means a building or structure used or designed to be used, in whole or in part, as a living or sleeping place for one or more persons.
(3) “Indoor mold assessment professional” means an indoor mold assessor certified and licensed by the District in accordance with § 8-241.03.
(4) “Indoor mold” means living or dead fungi or related products or parts, including spores hyphae, and mycotoxins, on an interior surface of a building, including common spaces, utility spaces, HVAC, or other systems.
(5) “Indoor mold contamination” means indoor mold at or above the threshold established under § 8-241.02(a)(1).
(6) “Indoor mold remediation professional” means an indoor mold remediator certified and licensed by the District in accordance with § 8-241.03.
(7) “Professional indoor mold assessment” means an indoor mold assessment conducted by an indoor mold assessment professional.
(8) “Professional indoor mold remediation” means an indoor mold remediation conducted by an indoor mold remediation professional.