(1) “Youth” means those residents of the District of Columbia between the ages of 13 and 17, inclusive.
(2) “Children” means those residents of the District of Columbia ages 12 and under.
(3) “Neighborhood planning council” means the structure designated for adult and youth participation in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs for children and youth, pursuant to Commissioner’s Order No. 68-219, March 25, 1968, subject to modifications made by the Mayor pursuant to § 2-1503.01.
(4) “Councilmember” means any person 13 years and over who lives within the geographic area of a neighborhood planning council who has registered his/her name, address, and telephone number with that particular council.
(5) “Council of chairpersons” means the body of assembled chairpersons of each of the neighborhood planning councils.
(6) “Office,” “Director,” and other such terms mean the Office of Youth Advocacy, established in § 2-1504, and further specified in other parts of this subchapter.
(7) “Division,” “Director,” and other such terms mean the Division of Community-Based Programs for Children and Youth of the Department of Recreation, established in § 2-1503, and further specified in other parts of this subchapter.