§ 22–932. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Attorney General" means the Attorney General for the District of Columbia.
(2) "Court" means the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
(3) "Elderly person" means a person who is 65 years of age or older.
(3A) "Undue influence" means mental, emotional, or physical coercion that overcomes the free will or judgment of a vulnerable adult or elderly person and causes the vulnerable adult or elderly person to act in a manner that is inconsistent with the vulnerable adult or elderly person's financial, emotional, mental, or physical well-being.
(4) "United States Attorney" means the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.
(5) "Vulnerable adult" means a person who is 18 years of age or older and has one or more physical or mental limitations that substantially impair the person's ability to independently provide for his or her daily needs or safeguard his or her person, property, or legal interests.