§ 32–706. Optional self-financed coverage: District of Columbia Employees Health Benefits Program.
District government employees enrolled in the District of Columbia Employees Health Benefits Program shall be allowed to purchase family health insurance coverage that would cover the employee’s family members as defined in § 32-701(7) in accordance with §§ 1-621.05, 1-621.06, and 1-621.07(a), (c), and (d). A domestic partner shall not simultaneously be enrolled for individual and family member coverage. The employee shall pay 25% of the cost of family health insurance coverage for the domestic partner or family members as defined in § 32-701(7), and the District government shall pay the remaining 75%.